Stator for Honda CX 500 1978-1981
Battery condition is extremely important. No stator can work correctly with a bad or weak battery. Always fully charge your battery before performing any charging system tests or replacing parts. If there is any doubt, have the battery load tested or replaced.
Interior diameter : 53 mm
Exterior diameter : 115 mm
Thickness : 16 mm
Length of wires stator to terminals: 875 mm
Number of wires : 6
Number of terminals : 6
Wire to wire resistance:
Alternator : Between each Black = 0.9 ohms+/-20%
Alternator : Black to Ground =ﾠO.L. ON DISPLAY
Source 1 : White to Blue = 9 ohms+/-20%
Source 2 : Blue to Green = 300 ohms+/-20%
- Check the AC output of the stator.
- Replace any burned or corroded connectors on stator and regulator/rectifier
- Check and repair any melted wiring.
- Use hi-temp dielectric grease on all connectors
Our stator may use a different wire color code than your original.
All the wires are installed in the correct order; please do not change any of the wiring configurations.
This stator is designed as a direct plug-in replacement and should be used as such.
When bolting stator in, always use locking compound.
If our stator includes a pickup coil, always make sure the air gap is correct upon installation; we suggest as close as possible no less than 0.010".
Brand new stator
- You must re-install your original grommet and the new connector (see picture).
- Once your connector and grommet is re-installed, our part becomes a Plug-and-play unit, direct fit, and very easy to install.
- Highest grade of lamination materials
- Highest grade of copper winding, resistant to 200 degrees Celsius.
- All product shipped are tested
We have even included the opposite connector (main harness side) as we know these are often melted/corroded/defective and a major cause for repetitive electrical issues.
*All item pictures are accurate; if in doubt do not hesitate to compare our item to your original part.