CDI Box for Yamaha Outboard Motors 9.9 HP & 15 HP 1996-2009
We would like to share our 15 years of experience with our clients and help them find the right part for the problem. This product has a low defect rate, but a high return rate from customers: Either clients are buying it to resolve a spark issue that is not caused by the CDI box, or they are buying the wrong part for their make model and year.
Before purchasing, please make sure to follow our advices:
- Always double check our pictures & fitments against the part you physically have on the vehicle (Our pictures are accurate).
- If you are buying this part for spark issues: these vehicles are notorious for stator failure, please make sure you have properly tested the stator before purchasing.
- Clients are buying this part for performance: Great add-on with an aggressive timing curve and increased rev limiter.
- 2009 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2009 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2008 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2008 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2007 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2007 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2006 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2006 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2005 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2005 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2004 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2004 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2003 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2003 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2002 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2002 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2001 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2001 Yamaha 15 HP
- 2000 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 2000 Yamaha 15 HP
- 1999 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 1999 Yamaha 15 HP
- 1998 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 1998 Yamaha 15 HP
- 1997 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 1997 Yamaha 15 HP
- 1996 Yamaha 9.9 HP
- 1996 Yamaha 15 HP
Height: 60 mm
Length: 45 mm
Width: 25 mm
Number of plugs: 8
Number of pins: 8
Fixation holes center to center: 65 mm
Please note that: The only real way to test your CDI box is to swap it out with another known good unit from the same yearmakemodel. Because of this, we recommend that you rule everything else out before replacing the CDI box.
Our CDI may use a different wire color code than your original.
All of the wires are installed in the correct order; please do not change any of the wiring configurations.
This CDI is designed as a direct plug-in replacement and should be used as such.
Please Note : Our wire colors may be slightly different than the OEM part. Please follow the wire colors and fonctions below :
CDI White wire : To vehicle White wire - Kill switch (ground to kill)
CDI Black wire : To vehicle Black wire - Ground (ring terminal grounded to engine case), Male bullet connector to vehicle Black wire (pickup coil)
CDI White/Red wire : To vehicle White/Red wire - Pickup coil
CDI Blue wire : Vehicle Blue wire : Stator source coil
CDI Brown wire : Vehicle Brown wire - Stator source coil
CDI Black/White wire : Ignition coil
CDI Red : Ignition coil
Brand new aftermarket CDI box
- Our PeakRPM technology provides a more aggressive timing curve for increased throttle response
- Ride at full throttle with our application-specific CDI box that raises the rev limiter by 1000 RPM
- Enjoy fast & easy installation with our plug & play design and included dielectric connector grease
- OEM-grade electronic components and printed circuit boards for long-term reliability and performance
- 90% of ignition issues are caused by a faulty stator. Fully test ignition components before buying
All item pictures are accurate, if in doubt do not hesitate and compare our item to your original part.