Stator for Yamaha Virago XV 700 / 750 / 920 / 1000 | Midnight Virago XV 750 / 920 | XV 920 R Seca 1981-1985
Battery condition is important. No stator can make up for a bad or weak battery. If in doubt charge your battery and have it load tested, or simply replace it. ALWAYS START WITH A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY !
- 1985 Yamaha Virago XV 700
- 1985 Yamaha Virago XV 1000
- 1984 Yamaha Virago XV 700
- 1984 Yamaha Virago XV 1000
- 1983 Yamaha Virago XV 920
- 1983 Yamaha Virago XV 750
- 1983 Yamaha Midnight Virago XV 920
- 1983 Yamaha Midnight Virago XV 750
- 1982 Yamaha XV 920 R Seca
- 1982 Yamaha Virago XV 920
- 1982 Yamaha Virago XV 750
- 1981 Yamaha XV 920 R Seca
- 1981 Yamaha Virago XV 750
Interior diameter : 50 mm
Exterior diameter : 110 mm
Thickness : 35 mm
Length of wires stator to grommet : 190 mm
Length of wires grommet to plug : 530 mm
Number of wires : 5
Number of plugs : 3
Number of pins : 5
Number of poles :18
Wire to wire resistance:
Alternator : Between each Yellow = 0.4 ohms +-20%
Before installing your new Stator
- Check the AC output of the stator
- Replace any burned or corroded connectors on stator and regulator rectifier
- Check and repair any melted wiring
- Use hi-temp dielectric grease on all connectors
Our stator might have a different wire color code than your original part.
All the wires are installed in the correct order; please do not change any of the wiring configurations.
This stator is designed as a direct plug-in replacement and should be used as such.
When bolting stator in, always use locking compound.
If our stator includes a pickup coil, always make sure the air gap is correct upon installation; we suggest as close as possible but no less than 0.010".
Brand new aftermarket Stator
- Direct replacement to your original unit
- Plug-and-play, direct fit, easy installation
- Highest grade of lamination materials
- Highest grade of copper winding, resistant to 200 degrees Celsius
- Connectors included
- Rubber grommet included
- All products shipped are tested
We have even included the opposite connector (main harness side) as we know these are often melted / corroded / defective and a major cause of repetitive electrical issues.
All item pictures are accurate; if in doubt, do not hesitate to compare our item to your original part.