Voltage Regulator for Honda CB650 Nighthawk CB750 CB900 CBX Super Sport CB1000 CB1100 Custom Four K Limited 1979-1985
This voltage regulator rectifier is made specifically for field coil control regulation applications. This type of system regulates battery voltage by turning the field coil in the electromagnet rotor on and off to control when current is produced in the stator. In this application it is absolutely critical that every piece of the system is working perfectly.
- The battery, which must be fully charged and in good condition.
- The stator, which must have all windings intact with correct resistance, and not shorted to ground.
- The carbon brushes, which conduct current to the slip rings on the rotor, and must not be pitted, glazed, or broken.
- The field coil rotor, which must have the field coil intact with correct resistance, not grounded, with slip rings clean and smooth.
It is often assumed that this regulator is bad when replacing only some pieces of the battery charging system. In our testing, this product is extremely rarely the problem. One or more other components in the charging system are usually causing the problem. Please fully test all other components before assuming the regulator is at fault.
Battery condition is extremely important. No voltage regulator can work correctly with a bad or weak battery. Always fully charge your battery before performing any charging system tests or replacing parts. If there is any doubt, have the battery load tested or replaced.
- 1985 Honda CB 650 Nighthawk
- 1984 Honda CB 650 Nighthawk
- 1983 Honda CB 750 Nighthawk
- 1983 Honda CB 650 Nighthawk
- 1983 Honda CB 1100
- 1983 Honda CB 1000
- 1982 Honda CBX 1000 Super Sport
- 1982 Honda CB 900 F Super Sport
- 1982 Honda CB 900 Custom
- 1982 Honda CB 750 Nighthawk
- 1982 Honda CB 750 K
- 1982 Honda CB 750 F Super Sport
- 1982 Honda CB 750 Custom
- 1981 Honda CBX 1000 Super Sport
- 1981 Honda CB 900 F Super Sport
- 1981 Honda CB 900 Custom
- 1981 Honda CB 750 K
- 1981 Honda CB 750 F Super Sport
- 1981 Honda CB 750 Custom
- 1980 Honda CBX 1000 Super Sport
- 1980 Honda CB 900 Custom
- 1980 Honda CB 750 K
- 1980 Honda CB 750 F Super Sport
- 1980 Honda CB 750 Custom
- 1979 Honda CBX 1000 Super Sport
- 1979 Honda CB 750 Limited
- 1979 Honda CB 750 K
- 1979 Honda CB 750 F Super Sport
Width: 71 mm
Length: 94 mm
Height: 27 mm
Wires length: 180 mm & 115 mm
Fixation holes center to center: 80 mm
Number of plugs: 2
Number of pins: 8
Number of wires: 8
Minimum Charging Voltage: 14.5V +/- 0.5V
Maximum Charging Current: 50A/500W
Open Circuit Voltage: <15V
Operation Temperature: -20⁰ to 85⁰
- Check the AC output of the stator.
- Replace any burned or corroded connectors on stator and regulator/rectifier.
- Check and repair any melted wiring.
- Use hi-temp dielectric grease on all connectors.
Brand new aftermarket voltage regulator rectifier
- Direct replacement to your original unit.
- Plug-and-play, direct fit, easy installation.
- No assembly required
- Higher grade of electric components.
- The quality exceeds the OEM equipment
- All products shipped are tested
We have even included the opposite connector (main harness side) as we know these are often melted/corroded/defective and a major cause for repetitive electrical issues.
All item pictures are accurate, if in doubt do not hesitate and compare our item to your original part.